Tips and tricks for increasing engagement with your newsletter
Be consistent. If you’re sending a weekly newsletter, send it on the same day and time each week.
- Your readers want to know what to expect – and when.
- We recommend sending at least six editions before trying to make any big changes.
Utilize HQ’s subject line score. Subject lines are the first step to a recipient deciding whether or not to open an email. “Newsletter Title: teaser 1, teaser 2” is a great format, because it gives your readers an indicator of this edition’s content while keeping it connected to your broader newsletter.
Mention your newsletter in other channels:
- Have managers mention it to teams,
- Post about it on Slack or Microsoft Teams,
- After sending, download your edition as a PDF and share it on your organization’s intranet.
Survey your audience for feedback. HQ gives you the option of including a feedback block at the bottom of your newsletter, which can be toggled in your Settings.
Recipients who respond with a thumbs up or thumbs down are then given the option of including a comment with their feedback. Use their responses to inform the next edition of your newsletter!