Smart — and responsible — AI-powered writing help
Generative AI is your new assistant. Axios HQ helps you harness its power and put it to work to help make your writing process easier and more effective.
Why it matters: Powered by OpenAI GPT-3.5 and GPT-4, Axios HQ's AI-powered features make it faster and easier for you to identify, communicate, and elevate what is essential to your staff and stakeholders — helping you go from more of a writer to an editor along the way.
AI that's powerful and productive
Axios HQ is your communication superpower. Use our AI-powered features to help you brainstorm, summarize, style, tone check, and translate your workplace communications — so you never have to stare at a blank page again.
- Brainstorm helps you beat writer's block.
- Smart Brevify will synthesize any essential communication
- Q&A is how you'll search and resurface vital details
- Smart Axioms can strengthen your structure
- Tone variation can keep you inclusive and clear
- Translate can write dozens of languages
- Image generator creates original images to amp up your message
- Smart Outlines gets you up and running faster with personalized topic suggestions
- Guided Writing helps you draft faster with thought starters and autocomplete
- Inline editing tools allows you to instantly Smart Brevitize your writing
- Headline generation can create a smart headline in seconds
Safe and responsible
We’ve incorporated the AI technology into the platform in clear, safe, and intentional ways. The new features are:
Secure. Your information is protected inside Axios HQ. We have OpenAI-powered features, but we do not allow OpenAI to use your content to train its technology.
Empowering. AI will never replace critical thinking. But HQ's AI-powered features can hammer out an idea, a draft, or even an image — so you can focus on improving it.
Sensitive. Internal comms hold some of your most sensitive updates. Our Q&A features will never surface details to someone who does not already have access to them.
Axios HQ's AI-powered features
Turn any topic into an outline. If you have an idea for your next update, but you don't know where to start, Brainstorm can suggest a structure.
🪄 Pop into an HQ edition and select the magic wand on the left side of your editor. Then pick Brainstorm.
- Type the topic or kind of update you’re trying to write. HQ will share a list of ideas you can copy and paste into a card to help you get started.
2. Smart Brevify
Transform any text into Smart Brevity. Whether you're reading an article, pulling out key points from a report, or consolidating a series of updates, Smart Brevify can scan each one, elevate what’s essential, and trim what isn’t.
- You can choose between short (~50 words), medium (~100 words), and long (~200 words) and determine the perfect length for your update.
🪄 Open an edition and click the magic wand on the left side of your editor. Then pick Smart Brevify.
- Paste your text into the box that’s waiting for you
- Select how long you would like your output to be short, medium, or long.
- HQ will create a card for you — including a headline, lede, and why it matters.
HQ is your system of record. Use the Q&A Feature to revisit any of the details you've told your audience before, and reuse them whenever the team could use a refresher.
🪄 Inside an edition, select the content archive icon on the left side of your workspace. Then click the Q&A tab.
- In the search bar, ask HQ any question about the topics and details you’ve covered in this communication before. It will give you an answer and show you the editions where you discussed it.
- The more specific you get — like adding a date or other crystallizing detail — the more customized the response will be!
4. Smart Axioms
HQ can recommend the types of details that could or should come next in your update, with Axiom suggestions. Or tap into our Smart Axioms and let HQ propose a rough draft of that paragraph for you.
🪄 In your edition, start writing in a card. HQ will suggest the best-fitting Axiom for your next paragraph to guide you while you go.
- If you’re not sure what to say, select the Axiom dropdown from your toolbar and click the magic wand next to the Axiom you’re after. HQ will write the next few sentences for you.
5. Tone variation
Create consistency across your HQ updates. You can quickly adjust tone in any message so that every send sounds exactly how you intend it to — with smart, inclusive language at the forefront.
🪄 Jump into the editor and select the magic wand on the left side of your editor. Then pick Tone variation.
- Paste your text into the the box that’s waiting for you. Pick a tone from the drop-down menu, or select “Other” and write in the tone you want. HQ will then revise your copy to match.
Write like your audience speaks. Whether you're reaching a global workforce or a local, multilingual audience, HQ uses OpenAI technology to help you translate your message.
🪄 Open up an edition and select the magic wand on the left side of your editor. Then pick Translation.
- Paste your text, in English, into the the box that’s waiting for you and select a language from the drop-down menu. HQ will tap OpenAI technology to translate your text.
7. Image generator
Strong visuals lead to strong engagement. With OpenAI's DALL-E 2, you can create completely original in your HQ image library.
🪄 Open HQ’s image library and then click “Image generator.”
- Write a descriptive prompt for the image you’d like to create and — using OpenAI’s DALL-E 2 — HQ will generate a few options. Let them add a little flair and visual intrigue to your next update.
8. Smart Outlines
Smart Outlines is a shortcut designed to help get your newsletter up and running even more quickly with a personalized template based on your role and audience. The feature will set up your first edition by generating card topics and axioms based on your communication type.
How it works:
- Click “Create newsletter” and follow the steps until you see the screen for “Create your first edition ”
- Click “Try a Smart Outline” and select your role and your target audience then generate topics.
- Select your role and target audience then generate topics. A list of topics will populate. Select which topics you would like to include in your first edition.
- Click “Next” to generate your edition with pre-filled cards providing you with a thought starter and a set of axioms based on your topics.
Once your Smart Outline is created, it will be saved to your templates to use for future editions.
9. Guided Writing
Write your rough draft with Guided Writing. Consider it your toolkit as you draft critical updates for your audience. These generative AI features can throw out relevant thought starters and even write your next sentence based on the copy you’ve provided.
🪄 How it works:
- Hop into the editor, and start writing in a card.
- To generate topic ideas, click the “Thought starters” button at the bottom of your card. It will use the content already written to generate a few custom topic suggestions.
- To finish your next sentence with AI-generated copy, click the “Autocomplete” button at the bottom of your card. It will reference the first words of your sentence, then generative AI completes the thought.
💡 As you continue to write and edit in HQ, Guided Writing features will start to understand and even reflect your organization's unique language, context, and perspective.
10. Inline Editing Tools
You can access three AI assistant tools directly from the toolbar. With the click of a button you can instantly Smart Brevitize your writing, specifically shortening, professionalizing, and activating text.
🪄 How it works:
- Select the text you would like to shorten or change the tone
- Navigate to the magic wand icon in the toolbar
- Select either shorten, professionalize, or activate.
11. Headline Generation
Thinking of the perfect headline can be daunting, and take more time than it should. Our AI headline generation feature can help you save time and simplify this process.
🪄 How it works:
- Hop into the editor, and start writing in a card.
- Click the magic wand to the left of the headline field.
- That’s it! A smart headline will appear in seconds!
The headline generation feature can be used to improve an existing headline or create a headline based on the text in your card.
And this is just the beginning! We’re continuing to invest in finding new ways AI can smartly — and responsibly — improve your writing process.
- Want a walk through of these features, or to share more ideas of what you'd like to see next? Reach out to your Account Manager or email email@example.com with any questions!