Quickly compose one-off messages that don’t fit in a series.
One-offs work very similar to sending out a series edition, only without much of the up-front series set-up work involved. Think of important one-time announcements or a quick note on breaking news that don’t need a full newsletter treatment.
How it works💡:
- Open the One-offs tab in the left sidebar.
- Click into your “One-off settings” to set your preferences for these types of messages.
- Optionally add any collaborators. They can access any of your drafts or sent editions until you remove them.
- Click the “Create one-off” button to start building. Your draft will look stripped down compared to series editions — with no intro or outro cards. You can add intro and outro cards if desired.
- Open up the “Send” modal and choose your audience. You can select directory groups (if you have access to a connected directory) and/or, type in manual email addresses in addition to those groups.
- Hit send. You’ll be able to see the analytics for each one-off send in your “Sent” tab.
✅ Bask in that high open rate, you earned it.
💡 Pro-tip: Try adding in “To:” and “From:” fields at the top of your send for a more memo-like feel!
Who can see my one-offs?
Admins and owners can see all drafts and sent one-offs.
Do I need to set up an audience on my one-offs?
Nope! Anyone can send out to a manual list of names. You’ll see directory groups if you have access and any directories set up. More options to come.
What series features won’t be available for one-offs?
We’ll be working on bringing several familiar series features to one-offs in the
future, however, at launch we won’t have: reader links, edition feedback, or audience sign-up/unsubscribe.
Can I add collaborators and assign cards/sections in my one-offs?
Yes, one-off sends have the same collaborator/assignment functionality as a series.
Will I still be able to see analytics for one-offs?
Yes, the analytics functionality is the same as a series. They will live in the “Sent” tab of your One-offs dashboard.
Can I add an intro and outro card to my one-off?
Yes! When first entering a one-off draft the intro and outro cards will be hidden but if you would like to add them, simply hover over the space above and below the initial card to add those in.
Can I send a one-off to an audience list/segment from one of my existing series?
This functionality is not available at this time but we are hoping to add this soon!
Have any questions or feedback?