Tips and tricks for optimizing your HQ workflow
There are lots of shortcuts you can use in the Editor to make writing your newsletter a breeze.
In addition to using the toolbar at the top of the page, you can also format your text using the following keyboard shortcuts:
- Create a bulleted list by starting a new line with a dash (-) or by hitting Cmd/Ctrl+Shift+8.
- Create a numbered list by starting a new line with “1.” or by hitting Cmd/Ctrl+Shift+9.
Create a blockquote by starting a new line with a greater-than symbol (>) or by hitting Cmd/Ctrl+Shift+B.
You also have access to the usual keyboard shortcuts:
- Cmd/Ctrl+B for bolding
- Cmd/Ctrl+I for italics
- Cmd/Ctrl+K to hyperlink the selected text
- Cmd/Ctrl+Z to undo your last edit
- Cmd/Ctrl+Shift+Z to redo your last undone edit
If you are having trouble with formatting when you copy and paste into the Editor, we recommend pasting without formatting: Cmd+Opt+Shift+V on Mac or Ctrl+Shift+V on Windows.
You can access HQ’s quick-navigation menu by hitting Cmd+K (Mac) or Ctrl+K (Windows) from anywhere in the platform – so long as you aren’t clicked into a card, where Cmd/Ctrl+K functions as a hyperlink shortcut.
This pop-up window lets you quickly hop to other areas of HQ, open an email to email@example.com, or access other newsletters you’re a collaborator on. Just start typing in the name of the newsletter in the search bar!